Supreme precision for endurance athletes. The RCX5 is designed for endurance athletes who want precise coaching to perfect their training. This training computer comes without sensors, but are optional.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock - By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- StopWatch - Stopwatch can be used for timing, for instance, recording lap times. In some products, StopWatch tells the total training time.
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- Training reminder
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 30m
- Number of laps – 99
- User configurable displays – all lines
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm/%
- Average and maximum heart rate of each lap
- Average, minimum and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate – bpm/%. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute (bpm) or as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm. You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate
- Heart Rate max (age-based)
- Heart Rate max (Polar Fitness test-based)
- Heart Rate max (user set)
- Manual target zone – bpm/%. This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training
- Polar Fitness Test measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes
- Polar OwnCal – calorie expenditure with fat percentage. It calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training
- Polar OwnCode (5kHz/2.4 GHz W.I.N.D.) - coded transmission
- Polar sport zones provide an easy way to select and monitor the intensity of your training and to follow sport zones based training programs
- Polar ZoneOptimizer - personalized sport zones
- Measures your running speed/pace and distance
- Gives you your running cadence
- Gives you your average stride length
- Running index
- Wearlink + hybrid transmitter
- Get your heart rate signal at all times, even in the water, with a comfortable and disturbance-free hybrid transmitter
- DataLink data transfer unit
- Plugs into your USB port for easy data transfer
Compatible with the RCX5:
- CS Cadence Sensor W.I.N.D
- G5 GPS sensor
- G3 GPS sensor W.I.N.D.
- S3 stride sensor W.I.N.D.
- S3+ stride sensor
What's in the Box:
- Polar RCX5 training computer
- Polar WearLink+ Hybrid transmitter
- Polar S3+ stride sensor
- Polar DataLink data transfer unit
- RCX5 Getting Started Guide
- S3+ stride sensor User Manual
The RCX5 allows you to download specific endurance training programs from polarpersonaltrainer.com which then allows you to analyze your training in detail, use the online training diary, customize endurance programs and then transfer them to your training computer. Also, with the Training Load Feature, you can see how well you have recovered and whether you are ready for your next training session.
The RCX5 also automatically adjusts your heart rate zones using ZoneOptimizer and gives your Heart Rate readings even under water. Another feature is the Race Pace function. This helps you control your speed to reach your target time.
The new Polar RCX5 RUN comes with S3+ stride sensor and the following are some of its running specific features:
Cadence – Running cadence measures how many times your either right or left foot hits the ground in one minute. Running cadence is measured as steps per minute. With this feature you can sharpen your cadence and make your ground contact time shorter. This will help you to find a balance between leg power and leg speed.
Stride Length - Stride length is the average length of one step, that is, the distance between your right and left foot contacting the ground. Runners adjust stride length to gather speed: stride length increases as speed increases. Yet one of the most common mistakes novice runners make is over-striding. The most efficient stride length is the natural one – the one that feels most comfortable.
Running Index - Running Index is based on heart rate and speed data measured during the run. It gives daily information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy. Improvement in running efficiency indicates improved economy of running performance.
Automatic lap recording - With this feature you can set your training computer to take laps based on preset distance, for example, every 1 km/mi.
Display zoom - Display zoom feature allows you to zoom in information on the display during training.
Graphical target zone indicator - This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unit. When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
Interval trainer guided workouts – heart rate / pace / distance. Create interval guided workouts based on time, heart rate, speed/pace or distance guidance with up to three linked timers or distances and up to three target zones.
Sport Profiles - Sport Profiles provide true multisport support with a swift switch between different sports during training. This feature allows the training computer to modify all sport-specific settings and detect the needed sensors automatically, so you will not lose any time or training data. With just a few button presses, you can change from one sport to another, for example in triathlon.
ZoneLock - ZoneLock feature helps you to accumulate certain intensity. You can either lock a zone before a training session or during it by pressing a button when you are on the desired zone.
ZonePointer - ZonePointer is a visible and moving symbol on the training computer display indicating whether you are inside the pre-set target zone. This feature helps you to reach the desired intensity/pace/speed/cadence targets.
Be the first to submit a review.
Write Your Own Review
- Delivery and Returns
METHOD TIME COST SERVICE SPRINT Next working day FREE on orders over £100
(£6 for orders up to £100)
RUN 2-3 working days FREE on orders over £50
(£3 for orders up to £50)
CLICK & COLLECT (Glasgow) 1-2 Working days FREE SATURDAY DELIVERY 1 working day £12 Royal Mail
Orders received before 2pm (Monday-Friday) are processed on the same day - after 2pm orders will be processed on the next working day.
Click & Collect
Collect your order in person from the achilles heel Glasgow running shop. Orders placed before 2pm will be available for collection on the next working day; orders placed after 2pm will be available for collection in 2 working days. Orders placed over the weekend will be available for collection on the Tuesday.
As soon as your order is ready for collection we will email to let you know. When you collect your order please ensure you bring your order confirmation & identification.
We'll package and post your order to most locations across the world as quickly as we can - for full details of delivery charges for international orders check our delivery charges page.
Spend £200+ and get FREE EU delivery.
At achilles heel we aim to please, so if you're not completely satisfied with your order, we'll do whatever we can to make it better. Items can be returned for free for an exchange or a refund within 28 days of purchase - we offer free & easy tracked returns via Royal Mail, for full details please check our returns page.
It can be hard to get things right so we are giving 28 days from Christmas Day to return your gifts on all orders made during November and December. Our returns policy will revert to the standard 28-day period for items purchased after December 31st.