The Petzl Tikka R+ features Reactive lighting technology which maximizes performance and a rechargeable battery in a compact headlamp. Light output adapts instantly to the environment and is optimized to guarantee the chosen burn time.
Reactive lighting mode adjusts lighting levels instantly due to the light sensor optimizing chosen burn time. This automatic adjustment keeps the hands as free as possible. With three lighting levels available: Max power that makes power priority, Standard that balances power/burn time and Max autonomy where burn time prioritized. Two independent switches simplify usage with one for lighting mode (Reactive Lighting or Constant Lighting) and the other to choose between the three lighting levels with built in lock function to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage.
The Petzl Tikka R+ mixed beam gives the advantage of lighting adapted to close-range vision and to moving around (from 7 to 170 lumens, from 2 to 65 metres). The rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery is recharged through a USB connection and is suitable for frequent use.
This light also features Constant ighting technology which allows the brightness not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained. With built in battery life management allowing automatic switching to reserve mode when batteries are almost drained (signaled by blinking light) and red lighting switches on when batteries are practically empty to preserve a minimal amount of lighting.
- Reactive lighting mode adjusts light output instantly via light sensor Light
- Output is optimized to ensure the chosen burn time
- Automatic adjustment keeps the hands as free as possible.
- Constant lighting mode is also available,
- Guaranteed stable lighting that does not diminish during the entire chosen burn time
- Three lighting levels available:
- MAX POWER, power prioritized
- STANDARD, power/burn time balance
- MAX AUTONOMY: burn time prioritized
- Red lighting mode preserves night vision
- Two independent switches simplify usage:
- One for lighting mode (Reactive lighting or Constant lighting)
- One for to choose between the three lighting levels
- Lock function to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, 1800 mAh
- Universal charging with micro USB port
- Battery charge indicator
- Performs well at low temperatures
- Can be replaced with standard battery pack for use in remote areas
- Comfortable headband is easy to adjust
- Two-part construction at the back of the head for excellent support during dynamic activities
- Customized burn time with download Petzl software (free for download at www.petzl.com/OS)
- Weight: 115g
- Technology: Reactive lighting or Constant lighting
- Beam pattern: mixed
- Light output: 7 to 170 lumens
- Range: 2 to 65 metres
- Energy: 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (included)
- Recharge time: 4,5h
- Battery compatibility: alkaline, lithium and Ni-MH, with the battery case (not included)
- Watertightness: IP X4 (water resistant)
- Certification(s): CE
- Guarantee: 3 years (Lamp), 1 year or 300 charging cycles (Battery)
Be the first to submit a review.
Write Your Own Review
- Delivery and Returns
METHOD TIME COST SERVICE SPRINT Next working day FREE on orders over £115
(£6 for orders up to £115)
RUN 2-3 working days FREE on orders over £60
(£3.50 for orders up to £60)
CLICK & COLLECT (Glasgow) 1-2 Working days FREE SATURDAY DELIVERY 1 working day £12 Royal Mail
Orders received before 2pm (Monday-Friday) are processed on the same day - after 2pm orders will be processed on the next working day.
Click & Collect
Collect your order in person from the achilles heel Glasgow running shop. Orders placed before 2pm will be available for collection on the next working day; orders placed after 2pm will be available for collection in 2 working days. Orders placed over the weekend will be available for collection on the Tuesday.
As soon as your order is ready for collection we will email to let you know. When you collect your order please ensure you bring your order confirmation & identification.
We'll package and post your order to most locations across the world as quickly as we can - for full details of delivery charges for international orders check our delivery charges page.
Spend £200+ and get FREE EU delivery.
At achilles heel we aim to please, so if you're not completely satisfied with your order, we'll do whatever we can to make it better. Items can be returned for free for an exchange or a refund within 28 days of purchase - we offer free & easy tracked returns via Royal Mail, for full details please check our returns page.
It can be hard to get things right so we are giving 28 days from Christmas Day to return your gifts on all orders made during November and December. Our returns policy will revert to the standard 28-day period for items purchased after December 31st.